Monday, November 26, 2007

SUMMARY

THING #23

I loved learning about the latest web technologies for personal and professional reasons. I learned a lot about podcasts, wikis and social networking sites. In addition to all the new websites and information I realize I have access to, I also have several ways to organize the info in a more efficient way. I am very interested in listening to and sometimes responding to various topics of interest on blogs and wikis.

As a professional librarian (public and medical librarian) I want to share the web tools, websites and information I am gathering with my library customers. And imagine it's all free info! I can even share the fun sites such as how to create avatars and the online image generators.

The only problem I found with Library 2.0 was the amount of time we had to complete 23 things. Other than that I am so happy that Howard County Library participated in Library 2.0 and 23 things...it is well worth spending the time. I hope we can do more of this in the future so we can all keep up with the ever changing world of technology.


No comments: