Sunday, November 25, 2007

DISCOVERING DEL.ICIO.US AND TAGGING

THING #13

Del.icio.us is a social bookmarking website that allows users to store and share bookmarks on the web vs. in their browser which lets the user get to the bookmarks from ANY computer.

Tags allow computer users (in an informal way) to assign keywords to webpages and images, etc.

I love learning about helpful sites an Delicious lets me do this via networking with others who have identified sites new to me. I can see how Delicious can help me personally and as a professional librarian helping customers at work. Imagine I have access to an endless number of useful websites I can access at any computer!

I liked reading the library blogs (NEAT STUFF) via Delicious, my favorite was "Why librarians are not obsolete." I'll be using my Delicious account mostly for tracking my research, wishlist, and favorite recipes.

No comments: