Sunday, November 25, 2007

TECHNORATI AND USING TAGS IN BLOGS

THING #14

The Technorati website lets users search for blogs in a countless number of categories. I think it is soooo cool that users can also sign up with Technorati and even claim their own blogs! Users can also keep track of their favorite websites (by subject) using a watchlist! And it's all FREE!!!!!

When I did a keyword search for "learning 2.0" in the blog posts, tags, and directory, I noticed the results seemed to be connected; the posts seemed to be written by users who have signed up with Technorati and seemed to have claimed their blogs.

I noticed two types of categories when I explored the top favorite blogs, top searches, and top blogs: favorite celebrities such as Angelina Jolie and tmz.com and second category: practical topics for users such as lifehacker (tips and downloads for getting things done). I enjoyed reading lifehacker and readwriteweb.com (helpful tips for technology).

No comments: